Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Who doesn't love a good cupcake?!

Ok, so I had a fun little order this week.  The father of an old high school friend requested a dozen cupcakes for a combo celebration-2 birthdays and father's day.  I was given free reign on the flavors AND the designs.  With a little help from him, I came up with these babies...
Here were the flavors:
1. Dark chocolate cake with an oreo buttercream filling and chocolate buttercream icing.
2. Dark chocolate cake with a ganache filling and vanilla buttercream icing.
3. Vanilla sponge cake with a salted caramel filling and a salted caramel buttercream icing.
4. Lemon sponge cake with a vanilla buttercream filling and lemon cream cheese icing.


The toppers were all made from either modeling chocolate, fondant or melted chocolate. My two favorites were the grill and the crime scene cupcake. 

I'm really loving working with modeling chocolate and fondant and have also enjoyed experimenting with melted chocolate. I have been very fortunate to have had clients who have given me "open tickets" or the ability to just create.  Not having to fit my ideas into a (figurative) box is exciting!  And it makes the end product (the one that goes into the literal box...) even more beautiful to me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment