Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Cakes for sale!!!

Holy orders, Batman!  


Another successful week of cake orders has passed.  Last week I made a...ahem..."Top Shelf" cake (Think boobs...) and a Greek Flag cake.  Both turned out really well.  Well, I guess you could say all three turned out well...  


Great news, considering this was my first venture into the world o' fondant.  Of course, nothing can be simple (AKA store bought) and I am totally into making everything from scratch.  So I made the fondant...from scratch...  Though it ended up turning out really well, it was a maddening pain in the tush to make.  I had lots of consistency issues with it.  However, I also learned an awful lot in the process, so I'd call it a win-win.  :)


This week I am working on an order for chocolates and one for decorated cookies.  I'm thrilled with how word of mouth has carried me, thus far. But I know that well will eventually run dry.  So I plan to work on some marketing this week, as well as trying to look into websites and/or a facebook page.  Wish me luck and I'll keep you POSTed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment